Principle of UV Disinfection
UV disinfection is a physical method that adds nothing to the water and has no side effects. This is where it is superior to chlorination for disinfection and is usually used in combination with other substances.
Ultraviolet light disinfects mainly by causing microorganisms (bacteria, viruses, spores, and other pathogens) to die by radiation damage and destruction of nucleic acids. This ultraviolet damage is also fatal damage. The action of UV on nucleic acids can lead to bond and chain breaks, cross-linking between chains, formation of photochemical products, etc., thus altering the biological activity of DNA and preventing microorganisms from replicating themselves.
Characteristics of UV disinfection lamps
- UV disinfection does not require chemicals and does not produce trihalomethanes disinfection by-products.
- UV disinfection lamps are fast and effective in sterilization.
- No odor, no noise, does not affect the taste of water.
- Convenient operation, simple management, low operation, and maintenance costs.
Correct use of ultraviolet germicidal lamps
I. Disinfected surfaces
Ultraviolet germicidal lamps are to be installed in professional fixtures, and various safety factors must be taken into account. When no one is indoors, try to use a portable ultraviolet sterilizer for close-up irradiation, and the surface of the irradiated item should receive direct ultraviolet irradiation for at least 30 minutes.
II. Disinfection of room
- Irradiation mode and time. In the case of no one indoors, can use ultraviolet germicidal lamp hanging or mobile direct irradiation, the effective irradiation distance is not less than 1m, irradiation time is not less than 30min.
- Keep the room clean and dry. When the temperature is lower than 20 or higher than 40, and relative humidity is higher than 60%, the irradiation time should be extended appropriately.
- Open the window for 20 minutes after irradiation.
- Wipe the surface of the ultraviolet germicidal lamp with an alcohol cotton ball every 1-2 weeks.
As a professional UV lamp manufacturer, MIGNXUAN offers a wide range of UV germicidal lamps for use in homes, offices, healthcare facilities, and other contamination-prone areas. Our UV lamps destroy bacteria, viruses, and other harmful microorganisms on the surface of objects and in the air.
If you are interested in our products, please enquire to know more about our UV disinfection lamps.